The start of December brings us many things. Cold weather, snows, holidays, and most importantly, Christmas. The season to be jolly and celebrate joy is here, and it is the time to pack presents, decorate trees, and most importantly, begin preparing your Christmas feast.
Among the many dishes made on this festive holiday, nothing spells Christmas better than eggnog. And while it may seem impossible to improve this already perfect drink, we’re here to tell you that it can be done.
How? With cannabis of course.
So read on for our famous cannabis infused eggnog recipe as we help you make this season even more jolly than it already is.
An important before you begin
If you’re new to cooking using cannabis, there’s just this one thing you need to take care of first. You need to decarboxylate your cannabis.
Put simply, decarboxylating is a simple process which converts the THCA found in dried cannabis, to the more potent and psychoactive THC. This instantly makes all your edibles so much more potent and fun to consume.
The process is simple too, really. All you need to do is grind your buds, and bake them in your oven on low to medium heat for around half an hour.
What you’ll need
Don’t worry. This recipe is not at all complicated, and typically only takes an hour and a half to make completely. Following is the list of ingredients you will need to make roughly 4 glasses of cannabis infused eggnog.
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ a cup of white granulated sugar
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1 ½ cups of heavy cream
- 2 ounces of bourbon
- 2 – 3 grams of ground cannabis
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of clove
Now that you have all the ingredients ready, it is time to begin. Make sure that you have an electric mixer or a whisk, a bowl, a water bath or a pot half filled with water. You’ll also need a ziploc, waterproof baggie.
All you need to do now is follow these steps.
- Preheat your water bath or pot filled halfway with water to 185° F or 85° C.
- In a bowl, add the egg yolks, milk, cream, bourbon, butter sugar, decarboxylated cannabis and vanilla extract. Use your whisk or electric mixer to mix all of them together until a nice and creamy texture forms. Make sure that there are no lumps left.
- Now pour this mixture into the ziploc baggie and remove as much air as possible before sealing it.
- Make sure that the baggie is completely sealed (use two bags if you’re in doubt). Now drop the baggie in the liquid bath and let it cook for up to 1 hour at the same temperature.
- Once the hour has passed, remove your baggie from the water and allow it to cool completely in your refrigerator before serving.
- Once it is cooled, it is now time to enjoy your creation. Pour the cannabis infused eggnog into glasses, sprinkle it with nutmeg and cloves, and serve with a cinnamon stick in each glass. Enjoy.